The National Rifle Association has been under heavy criticism since holding a press conference on December 21 in response to the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. During his remarks, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre called for armed police officers in every school in America as a way to prevent the next Sandy Hook and to protect America's kids. The idea was immediately classified as "out of touch" and "unsympathetic" to the situation by anti-Second Amendment advocacy groups calling for more gun control and a renewal of the Clinton-era assault weapons ban. A Gallup...
City Police Officers could also be stationed at schools, and they're ALREADY getting paid, so it shouldn't cost much--if anything--at all!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 5 hours ago