The National Rifle Association has been under heavy criticism since holding a press conference on December 21 in response to the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. During his remarks, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre called for armed police officers in every school in America as a way to prevent the next Sandy Hook and to protect America's kids. The idea was immediately classified as "out of touch" and "unsympathetic" to the situation by anti-Second Amendment advocacy groups calling for more gun control and a renewal of the Clinton-era assault weapons ban. A Gallup...
2005/Castle Rock v. Gonzalez (SCOTUS ruling) This ruling states that the police ARE NOT "obligated to protect citizens." Look it up for yourselves. WE are responsible for protecting ourselves, our loved ones, and our property. And SCOTUS makes this VERY CLEAR.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 8 hours ago