The National Rifle Association has been under heavy criticism since holding a press conference on December 21 in response to the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. During his remarks, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre called for armed police officers in every school in America as a way to prevent the next Sandy Hook and to protect America's kids. The idea was immediately classified as "out of touch" and "unsympathetic" to the situation by anti-Second Amendment advocacy groups calling for more gun control and a renewal of the Clinton-era assault weapons ban. A Gallup...
2005/Castle Rock v. Gonzalez (SCOTUS ruling) This ruling states that the police ARE NOT "obligated to protect citizens." Look it up for yourselves. WE are responsible for protecting ourselves, our loved ones, and our property. And SCOTUS makes this VERY CLEAR.
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 8 mins ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 48 mins ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago