The National Rifle Association has been under heavy criticism since holding a press conference on December 21 in response to the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. During his remarks, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre called for armed police officers in every school in America as a way to prevent the next Sandy Hook and to protect America's kids. The idea was immediately classified as "out of touch" and "unsympathetic" to the situation by anti-Second Amendment advocacy groups calling for more gun control and a renewal of the Clinton-era assault weapons ban. A Gallup...
2005/Castle Rock v. Gonzalez (SCOTUS ruling) This ruling states that the police ARE NOT "obligated to protect citizens." Look it up for yourselves. WE are responsible for protecting ourselves, our loved ones, and our property. And SCOTUS makes this VERY CLEAR.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago