FEMA's vaunted "lean forward" strategy that called for advanced staging of supplies for emergency distribution failed to live up to its billing in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
In fact, the agency appears to have been completely unprepared to distribute bottled water to Hurricane Sandy victims when the storm hit this Monday. In contrast to its stated policy, FEMA failed to have any meaningful supplies of bottled water -- or any other supplies, for that...
FEMA is about as incompetent as Obama. Weren't they watching the weather reports telling them a huge storm was going to hit NY and NJ in a weeks' time? Did they learn nothing from Katrina? This is a lesson to the people in this country to take care of themselves by storing water, getting gas generators or gas logs for the fireplace, or making arrangements other than staying there and hoping for the best. You are basically responsible for yourselves. No Bloomberg, no Obama, no Christie is going to be around to hear your pleas for relief. It's up to you to help yourselves, and others, if you can.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 18 hours ago