FEMA's vaunted "lean forward" strategy that called for advanced staging of supplies for emergency distribution failed to live up to its billing in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
In fact, the agency appears to have been completely unprepared to distribute bottled water to Hurricane Sandy victims when the storm hit this Monday. In contrast to its stated policy, FEMA failed to have any meaningful supplies of bottled water -- or any other supplies, for that...
FEMA is about as incompetent as Obama. Weren't they watching the weather reports telling them a huge storm was going to hit NY and NJ in a weeks' time? Did they learn nothing from Katrina? This is a lesson to the people in this country to take care of themselves by storing water, getting gas generators or gas logs for the fireplace, or making arrangements other than staying there and hoping for the best. You are basically responsible for yourselves. No Bloomberg, no Obama, no Christie is going to be around to hear your pleas for relief. It's up to you to help yourselves, and others, if you can.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago