In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
We're traveling at light speed as it relates to an impending collision between cutting off the Federal Reserve's uncontrolled printing of "funny money" and a subsequent deflation of commerce in our country. Our private sector, as demonstrated by today's jobs report, is now engaged in full "lock down". Increased taxation, sequestration, the continuing implementation of ObamaCare, just to name a few, have taken its toll on our nation's ability to generate any type of continued acceptable rate of growth. Face the facts, there is little incentive for business to invest with expansion considering today's economic headwinds. The MSM, Wall Street pundits and Obama have each tried unsuccessfully to make you believe water will flow up hill.
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago