ISTANBUL - I've just arrived in Turkey with a small delegation of American journalists, and many of our hushed conversations have been about yesterday's terrorist attacks in Boston, where twin bombings left three dead and wounded more than 170 -- with more than a dozen people still in critical condition. As we've seen at home, Turkish television has been broadcasting now-familiar amateur video clips of the blasts on a virtual loop. Anchors ask the ubiquitous question: "Who did this?" More than 24 hours later, no group or individual has claimed responsibility for the bombings, and US authorities may...
In response to:
It now appears as if we learned nothing from the terrorist acts committed on 9/11. It has become quite obvious, our law enforcement agencies were/are clueless regarding the ability of terrorists to commit acts of terrorism on U.S soil. While our dysfunctional Legislative and Executive Branches of Government are racing at break-neck speed to further diminish our border security (illegal amnesty) and restrict the ability of its citizens to defend themselves (anti-gun legislation) terrorists, domestic or otherwise, are provided with a "free pass" as it relates to the commission of acts of violence and carnage. Oddly, our law enforcement, along with various Executive Branch talking heads attempt to claim some sort of hollow "victory"?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 minutes ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 48 minutes ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 3 hours ago