An elite crew of firefighters trained to battle the nation's fiercest wildfires was overtaken by an out-of-control blaze in Arizona, killing 19 members as they tried to protect themselves from the flames under fire-resistant shields.
It was the most firefighters killed battling a wildfire in the U.S. in decades.
The lightning-sparked fire, which spread to at least 2,000 acres amid triple-digit...
The left will claim this unfortunate event was a result of climate change caused by right wing extremists and greedy corporate entities who continue to promote the use of fossil fuels, coal and anything else which contributes to green house gases...
Late Sunday evening, 19 Granite Mountain Hot Shot Crew members were killed as they attempted to control a wildfire that burned down half of Yarnell, Arizona. This is the largest loss of firefighters since 9/11/2001.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 5 hours ago