--The following public institutions recently have joined the growing ranks of those that have banned the use of the word "Easter" in order to diminish or eliminate references to religion: East Meadow School District in New York, Prospect Heights Public Library in Illinois, Heritage Elementary School in Alabama, Manhattan Beach Unified...
The founding fathers, in writing the establishment clause were afraid the government would actively start its own church (think Henry the VIII), however, they never intended for religion to be excluded from the public square (Thomas Jefferson attended Sunday services in the rotunda of the capitol). Blocking access of religion from the public square is just another step in removing we, the people, from our government that allows our leaders to establish themselves as sole arbiters of our fate (which, in essence, could be considered a form of religion).
Last week, I gave 12 examples of how religious liberty has been assaulted in just the past two years in the U.S. Here are about two dozen more instances just for good measure, as reported by the Family Research Council, the office of Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., and various media outlets.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 7 hours ago