As documented on the Durham County, N.C., website, the position of sheriff originated in England more than 1,000 years ago, known then as a shire-reeve, who was "the steward of the King's estates, guardian of the peace, judge and jury of the Shire County (county court) and was the local agent of...
The order clearly states that Thomas, Aubuchon and Alexander conspired with Arpaio and former sheriff's Chief Deputy David Hendershott to retaliate against judges, the Board of Supervisors and other county officials and that they conspired to file criminal charges against then-sitting Superior Court Judge Gary Donahoe without probable cause. Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/2012/04/10/20120410thomas-aubuchon-stripped-their-legal-licenses.html#ixzz1tAem78KX
For many, the term "sheriff" conjures up images of the Old West. A few may consider a sheriff to have some form of outdated and obsolete political office. But for me and countless other patriots across our nation, a sheriff is the epitome of good and necessary county law enforcement.
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago