A piece this week on the portion of Americans working in their prime received a lot of attention, but the fact of the matter is that this is a trend that has gone turbo over the last few years. The author noted that the participation has declined to 75.7% for 25-54 year olds down from pre-recession level of 80%. These are people that have simply dropped out of the job market. While it skews the unemployment rate to a more flattering number, it has a truly devastating impact on the economy and on the individuals that find the sofa more appealing...
In response to:
I became a proud Dad yesterday as my 15 1/2 year old boy got his first job. It is only 3 nights a week but it will carry him thru high school.
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago