Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
The first part of the 2nd amendment tells what we need; A well regulated militia, being necessary for a free state." The second part tells how you keep one. "The right OF THE PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." Simple. To the point. I'm the people, you're the people, we are the people. The state is NOT the people. Telling me I need a permit infringes on my right to keep and bear arms. Telling us where we can and cannot carry an arm infringes on our right to keep and bear arms. Telling us what kind of arms we can have, be it a single shot rifle, a concealed pistol, a fully automatic machine gun, a bow and arrows, a knife, whatever, infringes on OUR right to keep and bear arms.
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago