Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
The first part of the 2nd amendment tells what we need; A well regulated militia, being necessary for a free state." The second part tells how you keep one. "The right OF THE PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." Simple. To the point. I'm the people, you're the people, we are the people. The state is NOT the people. Telling me I need a permit infringes on my right to keep and bear arms. Telling us where we can and cannot carry an arm infringes on our right to keep and bear arms. Telling us what kind of arms we can have, be it a single shot rifle, a concealed pistol, a fully automatic machine gun, a bow and arrows, a knife, whatever, infringes on OUR right to keep and bear arms.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 13 hours ago