Where is the amendment to the Constitution that allows for a direct tax? Before the income tax could be enacted and after having been once denied in the late 1800's, the 16th Amendment had to be passed. However, it has been proved since then, with government certified documents from all 48 of the states at the time, that it was NOT ratified by 3/4 of the states. Philander Knox just "declared" it ratified. The people didn't want it. Now, with ObamaCare, the supreme court in its corrupt and criminal declaration has imposed another unConstitutional so-called tax, a DIRECT tax, on the people without an amendment to the Constitution. Tyranny is here folks, and it stinks to high heaven!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 15 hours ago