In response to:
Who proclaimed so-called mainstream medicine the be-all and end-all of health care? I am responsible for my own health choices, and that mainly consists of what my parents and grandparents did: common sense, many alternative modalities and limited "main stream medicine." They all lived well into their 90's. When they went to the doctor, they paid the bill and had only catastrophic hospital insurance for emergencies. Forcing me to pay an additional $458/month in insurance I don't care that much about in order to keep my doctor is a great burden on this retiree.The government has become pimps for big pharma and insurance companies. Doctors here are screaming about it. Government is practicing medicine without a license!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 14 hours ago