Is Law Optional?

Dick 2992 Wrote: Dec 10, 2014 9:44 AM
I think he's smart enough to stay away from that morass.

Is Law Optional?

Dick 2992 Wrote: Dec 10, 2014 9:41 AM
Probably! As a business owner, I would have fired them but, first, I would have covered the T-shirt issue in my company's rules and procedures manual. Then, I would make sure that every employees knew and understood the rules. Anything that draws attention from your primary business impact area should be off limits to employees (and management). If players continued with this trend, who knows where it would end? Many fans would eventually stop buying tickets and attending games. I know I would. Players should try to remember who actually pays their huge salaries.

Is Law Optional?

Dick 2992 Wrote: Dec 10, 2014 9:34 AM
I think that is still an option at Texas A&M, supported by the "Corps".

Is Law Optional?

Dick 2992 Wrote: Dec 10, 2014 9:32 AM
right, Guidelines? Not entirely true. Please read the Federalist Papers. Might enlighten your attitude.

Is Law Optional?

Dick 2992 Wrote: Dec 10, 2014 9:29 AM
Joe296, So true!

Is Law Optional?

Dick 2992 Wrote: Dec 10, 2014 9:28 AM
Thanks for the info! I didn't know that!

Is Law Optional?

Dick 2992 Wrote: Dec 10, 2014 9:26 AM
Agree with everything except your comment about preemptive action. Wait and see (or investigate) is a much better approach. UVA's approach amounts to corporal punishment. Punish everyone to correct the few.

Is Law Optional?

Dick 2992 Wrote: Dec 10, 2014 9:22 AM
I think that Dr. Sowell is referring to the fact that we, as amateurs, should not try to take the law into our own hands but, wait until you have some semblance of truth before you react. The major problem here is a massive lack of respect for authority, especially among minorities. Some justified, most not.. Here in Texas we are already using individual police cameras and have seen a strong reduction in alleged perpetrator resistance. Bring on the cameras!

Racial Quota Punishment

Dick 2992 Wrote: Nov 18, 2014 2:27 PM
"Spapre the rod and spoil the child." An old cliched adage which still bears up under scrutiny. Just watching the disrespect and arrogance of young people today indicates that they believe they can get away with anything. Like Dr. Sowell I was a "class clown" and was always in trouble. And, like Dr. Sowell, I paid the price. When I finally tired of punishment and saw it was not getting me anywhere, I changed my ways. Also ad many a spanking before I saw the light....

Voter Fraud and Voter I.D.

Dick 2992 Wrote: Nov 05, 2014 8:54 PM
I;ve always believed that until the black community takes responsibility and begins to monitor their own neighborhoods, nothing will change and the previous posts will not be any different tomorrow than they are today.