The American left and our "objective" journalists -- same thing, I know -- are not helping the nation balance its budget. As usual, these partisan hacks are obsessed with tearing the Republican coalition apart,...
The Republicans agreed that if there was no budget deal by January—actually it was originally their suggestion, the budget would be cut, with half of the money coming out of defense and the other half out of unspecified domestic programs, with the White House in control of which programs those would be. I figured they must know something I didn't know, because this was such a blatantly stupid move on their part, I couldn't believe that they would do it. At this point, unless the Republicans cave to whatever the Democrats want, on January 2, every pay check in America is going to be cut-- on average about $2000 a year ( assuming a $50k salary), when the Bush tax cuts and payroll tax cuts expire. Now that Washingto
The conventional wisdom has emerged that in order to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff," politicians in Washington must agree to some method of tax increases ("revenue") -- which will be real, even if low taxes are not the cause of our ills -- alongside some kind of promise of spending restraint on entitlement programs, which is our problem, and which no one believes Washington will restrain.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago