Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
I can see this idiot demolib regime in action: " Oh no ! What do we need to tell the sheeple this time Axelrod ? Do you have the talking points prepared yet ?! " " You have the cya talking points ready for when we are exposed again ?! " " Obama won't be giving a press conference for another 8 months so don't worry, the msm loves us anyway as they make certain our lies stick. "
- Great news: Another wave of health-plan cancellations on the way? Ed Morrissey 10 minutes ago
- Are you ready for Bush/Paul 2016? Allahpundit 50 minutes ago
- Surprise: Hoboken Mayor produces additional “journal entries” in Christie saga Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago