In response to:
What were the stakes in these tests? Execution? If the stakes were nil or minor, many kids would figure why bother, and quit. If the kids really wanted to do well, stakes or no stakes, and if their education hadn't at all prepared them for the test, then they'd be stressed. But what about the stress of finding out at age 18 that nothing in your education has at all prepared you for college or a job?
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 11 minutes ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 51 minutes ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago