Thus, students have had to ramp up dissident behavior if they want to be handcuffed and detained. Campus activists have begun to follow Occupy Wall Street's lead and set up tents to create illegal encampments. When campus police have threatened...
You're right - but it's not principles, those I have - its money and privilege and a belief that they can do whatever they want without consequence.
You have to really work at it to get arrested at a University of California campus protest. University administrators look at protest as part of the education process -- and they frequently issue memos stating how much they agree with left-wing causes. Administrators don't want campus police to arrest students -- especially students who attend demonstrations against state cuts to higher education.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014