The White House is pushing new government spending to "spur economic growth," protect manufacturing plants and "create good-paying jobs" to help America's middle class. Yet across the country, with aggressive lobbying by the...
Demonizing an industry is not unheard of in America. Porn and tobacco are examples .It does not seem to put them out of business. The gun manufacturers will find other places to make and other ways to sell their products. I'm not a smoker, in fact, I can't stand it, but other than bans on smoking in public accomodations, I am against most if not all of the lawsuits and regulations that seek to make it difficult for them to do business. I am not a gun enthusiast either. But, I still oppose the laws which will do nothing but consumers more money and possibly even drive manufacturers away from states or the country. I am not a Michelle Malkin enthusiast either, but I would not see her put out of business either.
Here's the latest example of head-splitting cognitive dissonance in Washington: President Obama used his State of the Union address to crusade for a revitalized U.S. manufacturing sector. But while he pays lip service to supporting businesses that build their products on American soil, Obama and his left-wing operatives are hell-bent on driving a key sector of the U.S. manufacturing industry six feet under: the American firearms and ammunition industry.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 9 hours ago