I know your response was a long time ago, Daune, but I disagree I missed the point. I'm not criticizing or praising Reagan. I am saying that the author is criticizing Obama for being misleading about Reagan, and I agree - but, so does the right. Reagan's record is actually more liberal than Romney's, overall, according to today's conservatives believe. They don't want to accept that because he is a conservative icon.
In President Obama’s latest class-war, tax-the-rich gambit, he has stooped to a new low with misleading and out-of-context quotes from Ronald Reagan. Apparently, the president is now trying to use the Gipper for cover while he attacks Mitt Romney with the so-called Buffett Rule.
In an address this past week, Obama cited a couple of Reagan speeches from June 1985, in which the former president quoted a letter from a wealthy executive who grumbled that he paid less in taxes than secretaries or bus drivers. Obviously, Obama was trying to draw a parallel with Warren Buffett’s complaint that his...
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 7 mins ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 47 mins ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago