Is Barack Obama the Vladimir Lenin of American Presidents? No, Lenin was competent in an evil sort of way. Obama is more like Leonid Brezhnev: an ultra left-wing, belligerent doofus who isn't laughed at by the general population primarily because the mainstream media liberals say nice things about him out of fear that they'll end up in a gulag if they're too harsh. Of course, we don't have gulags, but reporters who criticize Obama would be snubbed by their peers at cocktail parties in Manhattan and Old Town, which seems almost as bad to liberals. This is how a narcissist who...
I agree with much of that but how different does it make him from other politicians left and right? It seems like every time a new president is elected the hyperbole has to be even greater than the last time. There's actually an ad on townhall.com today for a book called Obama's Four Horsemen. This article's title calls him a creep. The problem is, that that kind of argument doesn't convince anyone who isn't already a true believer. The notion of so many on the right - well, they said bad things about Bush, so we are going to say worse about Obama -- has terribly backfired, particularly because most of the media is on his side. It's why the tea parties have failed. Too little reason; too much rhetoric.
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 19 hours ago