Ah yes, I remember when Detroit first opened the People Mover to great fanfare. They were banking that the People Mover would bring more tourists into downtown Detroit. Unfortunately, the criminals in Detroit were banking on the same thing, and before long, the People Mover was re-christened "The Mugger Mover." Sure, some tourists came to town and rode the People Mover to Greektown. But enough of them got mugged in the process that it didn't take very long before the tourists stopped coming.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 6 hours ago