Ah yes, I remember when Detroit first opened the People Mover to great fanfare. They were banking that the People Mover would bring more tourists into downtown Detroit. Unfortunately, the criminals in Detroit were banking on the same thing, and before long, the People Mover was re-christened "The Mugger Mover." Sure, some tourists came to town and rode the People Mover to Greektown. But enough of them got mugged in the process that it didn't take very long before the tourists stopped coming.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 6 hours ago