How To Stop Being Poor

DG in GA Wrote: Nov 11, 2014 11:09 AM
I still don't understand who is hiring all of these illegals. They say that big businesses want all this illegal immigration, but I work in HR and we have to jump through all kinds of hoops to ensure that everyone we hire is here legally. If we don't, we get slapped with huge fines. So where are all these millions of people working?

How To Stop Being Poor

DG in GA Wrote: Nov 11, 2014 11:06 AM
Yeah, I have to say I am always amazed at the number of women I see in the grocery stores buying food with EBT cards who have the huge, long, fake fingernails and expensive braided, bejeweled hairdos. They also generally have smartphones, which I know because they are generally yakking or texting the entire time they are checking out. Those fingernails cost $50 - $100 per month to have and maintain. The hairdos are a few hundred and take HOURS to braid. The smartphones cost so much for monthly service that I don't have one. Now I don't begrudge people anything that they can AFFORD. But don't blow your cash on stupid stuff and then expect me to pay for your food. I saw a show on TV one night that talked about the super-expensive rims people of a certain culture like to put on their cars. When interviewing a merchant who sells and installs them, he said that a lot of the guys buying them have cars that are worth less than the rims.

How To Stop Being Poor

DG in GA Wrote: Nov 11, 2014 10:59 AM
My husband and I were recently in New Orleans. Driving around the city in the middle of the day on a Wednesday, I could not believe how many able-bodied men I saw just standing around, sitting around, laying around on the sidewalks. They weren't there waiting for buses, they were just...there. This was a part of NO with lots of office buildings and retail stores. These guys weren't on breaks from their office jobs, they were just sitting there, watching the world go by. In more residential areas I saw people out sitting on porches, on stoops and just hanging around the neighborhood. Again, in the middle of what is, for most people, a workday. I found myself thinking "No wonder it took so long to rebuild New Orleans after Katrina." What do you think was the one characteristic they all had in common?
Just watch any man-on-the-street interviews with Harvard students and you'll see plenty just like her. Even satire has some basis in reality or it wouldn't be so funny.

Meanwhile on the Streets of Ferguson...

DG in GA Wrote: Nov 08, 2014 11:38 AM
You can lay ALL of this nonsense at the feet of Parks and Crump, the race-hustling, ambulance chasing lawyers from Miami who also represented Trayvon Martin's parents. These guys have Jackson, Sharpton, The New Black Panthers and all of the other major race pimps on speed-dial, and they are also close personal friends with Barry Soetoro Obama and Eric Holder. They are still agitating for an indictment of the police officer so they can file a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the city on behalf of their clients, Michael Brown's mom and her hubby. No indictment, no payday. These guys are absolutely disgusting, and the City of Ferguson should send them a bill for any expenses related to "protests" and riots after the first night Brown was killed. Everything that has happened since then was orchestrated by these lawyers. They had a retainer from Brown's mother before his body was barely cold. Unfortunately, no matter what happens in the Brown case, we will see a lot more of this kind of "racial unrest" in the future, as long as there is someone with deep pockets to sue.
They also fail because they are nasty and boring. I travel a lot by car, and sometimes have to search for a radio station on the AM dial because I enjoy talk radio. When I land on a station that sounds like talk radio, I can generally tell within a couple of minutes (sometimes less) if it is leftie radio. They either try to emulate NPR with their oh-so-serious monotone, or they are excitable and nasty, which is their perceived view of Rush. Anyone who has ever listened to Rush for any length of time knows he's not trying to be nasty, he's trying to be funny. He IS funny! NPR and the clones are just snore-inducing and this is not useful for someone who is driving. As for the ones trying to be funny, they're just nasty and I do not choose them to be my companions in the car. I'd rather drive in silence.

Wow! Just Wow!

DG in GA Wrote: Nov 06, 2014 11:37 AM
Quick question, why does everyone assume Mitch McConnell is automatically going to be Majority Leader? I know he's been the Minority Leader, but he's also quite the RINO. Isn't there an opportunity for the Republicans to break from the "It's his turn" nonsense? Look what a disaster Boehner has been, just because it was "his turn."

Wow! Just Wow!

DG in GA Wrote: Nov 06, 2014 11:34 AM
I live in Cobb County in GA, and am also from Michigan. We are such a conservative stronghold here that many of our races (including Congress) didn't even have a Dem on the ballot. GA is also considered a good place to retire because of favorable tax treatment for retirees. While we haven't abolished the state income tax, we don't tax retirement income. In Cobb County, people over 62 get a break on property taxes as well. Another state to consider, if you don't want to be a cliche and move to Florida, is South Carolina.

Wow! Just Wow!

DG in GA Wrote: Nov 06, 2014 11:34 AM

Wow! Just Wow!

DG in GA Wrote: Nov 06, 2014 11:30 AM
Maybe the Democrat Party sent more money to those states to ensure that the Senatorial candidate got elected, rather than putting any focus on the Governor's races. Even in the states where they did support the Democrat candidate for governor, like Wisconsin and Michigan, the Dem lost. I can see how Debbie Whatshername Schultz never imagined a Republican could take Massachusetts or Maryland.
One of the arguments they use to pretend that voter fraud doesn't exist is how few people get prosecuted for it. Since most voter fraud happens in DEMOCRAT districts in order to ensure DEMOCRAT victories, why does it surprise anyone that DEMOCRAT prosecuting attorneys don't prosecute?