Must We Loose This Mortal Coil at 75?

DG in GA Wrote: Sep 30, 2014 11:40 AM
One thing saw in his piece in The Atlantic is that Dr. Emauel was referring to his own PARENTS, who are in their mid-80's, as living unproductive lives and should be put to sleep. His father had a heart attack in his late 70's, and, as a result, had to slow down and give up his medical practice. He said they still enjoy life, traveling, gardening, etc., but they are not WORKING, so basically they have no value. How proud they must be of their absolutely worthless offspring. As for docs being reimbursed for having end-of-life discussions, I have news for you, they already have those discussions with their patients. There just isn't a separate reimbursement code for it. But I was with my MIL when she and the doc had "the talk," and my 90-year-old parents have already been turned down for a few medical procedures because of their age. Another friend's father had kidney cancer and the surgeon wanted to remove the kidney (the guy had cancer) but the anesthesiologist said no, because someone his age probably would not survive the surgery. So he lived for another two years with the cancer, and died quietly at 92. In the meantime he was playing golf, going to the country club for dinner, dating a nice woman, and living the rest of his life. While I think Zeke Emanual is a miserable excuse for a human being, anyone who thinks docs aren't already having end-of-life discussions, or that Medicare and insurance companies don't already have restrictions on what procedures they are willing to pay for on behalf of elderly Americans, you're kidding yourselves.
Mark, I would suggest that if their respective religious beliefs were truly important to them, they would have chosen mates who shared those beliefs. I suspect this child will be raised in the "we'll raise the kid with no religion and then s/he can choose whether or not s/he wants a religion when s/he grows up." So they will probably have a secular Christmas, Easter will be about eggs and bunnies and candy and not about resurrection, and the child will be an atheist when s/he grows up. I don' think anyone truly believes that the CLINTONS raised their child with a firm Christian foundation, considering how the two adults in that family have behaved over the years. I don't know anything about Chelsea's husband and his faith, but, again, if he was a religious Jew he wouldn't have married her in the first place.
It amazes me that people are surprised that Obama doesn't have a clue what is going on around the world. I remember during his first term it was widely reported that he never attended his morning security briefings. Why would anyone think he would have changed? Of course, I also think that he is in cahoots with the Caliphate builders, which woulde another reason to ignore the National Security briefings.

Two Anti-Choice Parties

DG in GA Wrote: Sep 24, 2014 9:37 AM
The problem with that is we would end up with an even bigger idiot in the White House, Joe Biden. If there was a way tocircumvent that whole "Vice President is second in line..." rule, maybe Obama could be removed. But Biden is just as bad, if not worse.

USPS: Where The Customer Is Always Last

DG in GA Wrote: Sep 22, 2014 9:23 AM
Maybe there is something to your small town example. My parents live in a small town and they have actually received mail addressed with just their last name and the town - no street address. I asked the mailman about this one day and he said, "Oh, we all know where your parents live." Conversely, when I lived in Milwaukee it began to feel like they would jump on any excuse not to deliver the mail. I bought a house that was four years old. The previous owners had installed the mailbox and, I assume, had been receiving their mail. Four months after I moved in, there was a note in my mailbox informing me that it was 4" below the regulation height and if I wanted to continue getting my mail, I would have to move the mailbox up. The mailbox was attached to a heavy wood post that was embedded in concrete. I had to hire someone to dig it up, throw a bunch of gravel under it and re-cement it to bring it up to regulation height. I found it ridiculous that they had been delivering mail into THAT box for over four years, and suddenly it's too low? It's not like the mail carrier couldn't reach it from his truck. The irony of this is that the first time we got a big snowstorm (13") the city plow went through and demolished ALL of the mailboxes on the street.

USPS: Where The Customer Is Always Last

DG in GA Wrote: Sep 22, 2014 9:14 AM
I only go to post offices that have the machine that weighs your package and dispenses postage. I'd much rather do that than deal with the employees. Of course, I feel the same way about banks. I use the ATM whenever possible and avoid the tellers.

USPS: Where The Customer Is Always Last

DG in GA Wrote: Sep 22, 2014 9:11 AM
Good to know, as I have been having the same problem with some of my Amazon orders. I can travk them via UPS or FedEx until they hit the post office, and after that it can be up to a week before I receive the package.
Sorry, Mid, but I see Nick's point. If we keep allowing the Cocktail Party GOP choose the candidates, we will continue to get Democrat Lite. When the GOP establishment actually pays Democrat voters to vote against conservative candidates so their more leftie establishment candidate can win - even though the guy is SENILE - there is clearly a problem that can only be resolved by running true conservatives on a third party ticket. If that means the Republicans lose control of Congress and the White House, then so be it. Frankly, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two parties in Washington anyway. And when you look at the Democrat Lite candidates for 2016, it just confirms this point.

Immigration Is American

DG in GA Wrote: Sep 17, 2014 10:56 AM
Actuallu, Hosers, I have read that when the housing market crashed in 2008 and the construction jobs went away, a lot of illegals DID go home. Unfortunately they were replaced by the moochers. As for Stossel's remarks, we ARE a nation of immigrants - LEGAL immigrants. If there weren't so many illegals streaming across the border, if the border was secure, the ICE agents could spend more time processing applications for LEGAL immigrants, instead of trying to chase down illegals. I am disappointed in Stossel falling into to political trap of equating legal and illegal immigrants. Last, who are all these companies who hire the illegals? I worked in Human Resources for 25 years and we had to verify the legal status of EVERY employee before we could hire them. We were audited carefully, and penalized if we had hired someone who was here illegally, even if their papers appeared authentic. So who exactly, other than farmers who pay in cash under the table, is hiring all of the illegals?

The Spread of Rocky Mountain Jihad

DG in GA Wrote: Sep 17, 2014 10:45 AM
I have a feeling that the jihadis have definitely figured out that the way to get American females to convert is by selecting homely girls and seducing them over the internet. These girls are so in need of male attention, that they are easily seduced. I know three or four women who were seduced into Islam - not necessarily jihadis, but who knows what will come next. These women were all pretty unattractive by American standards, and were easily seduced because the Muslim men came along and paid a ton of attention to them, told them they were beautiful and desirable, and proposed after only a few weeks of dating. Naturally, conversion to Islam was a requirement, but these girls were so desperate that they'd do just about anything to get married. Today, two of those women are married to their Muslim hubbies and the hubbies have a couple of wives over in Iraq as well. The American women have really good jobs, the husbands don't work and the wife's money goes to support the extra wives and kids in Iraq. The other women are also still married, and are breeding like little rabbits.