Obama Wants to Tax Your Savings...Really

DG in GA Wrote: Jan 26, 2015 12:15 PM
Yeah, I have a young family member who asked for my help in finding his first job when he graduated from college. When I asked what kind of work he wanted to do he said, "I don't know, but it has to pay a starting salary of at least $70K because I have $60,000 in student loans, and I'm planning to rent an apartnent that costs $1800 a month and I have my eye on a new BMW." Then I asked what he knew how to do that would be worth $70K to an employer. He had no idea. He said, "I don't know. That's what I want you to figure out. I do have a college degree after all." I told him to send me his resume and I'd see what I could do. As far as I know he's still living with Mommy & Daddy.

Obama Wants to Tax Your Savings...Really

DG in GA Wrote: Jan 26, 2015 12:08 PM
When Obama proposed (in 2013) putting a cap on 401Ks and IRAs, limiting them to $3,000,000 in total balances tax-free (using Mitt Romney as the example of why NOBODY needs to have $3,000,000 in retirement savings) I mentioned this proposal to a leftie friend of mine. She said that made perfect sense to her, and she agreed that nobody NEEDS that kind of money in a retirement account. She said that the government set up the tax-free accounts and they can take them away if they want to. I was stunned at how blase she was about this notion, considering she is a CPA. I asked her how she'd feel if they lowered the amount to whatever she had in HER 401K and she very smugly said, "Oh, I have MY money in Roth IRAs, so they'll NEVER go after those." You know, for such a smart woman, she really is pretty dumb. And she VOTES for these yahoos.

Obama Wants to Tax Your Savings...Really

DG in GA Wrote: Jan 26, 2015 12:00 PM
Ken, there are any number of reasons why a bank might refuse to refinance a house. Without more very specific information about your family member, his/her finances and the property itself, who knows?

Liberals’ Zany Logic on Holiday Pay

DG in GA Wrote: Jan 25, 2015 11:36 AM
I worked in retail during college and got paid time-and-a-half for Sundays and holidays. My roommates were waitresses and their best days for tips were holidays, especially Thanksgiving. People who eat out on holidays appreciate the staff who make it possible for them to do so. If you don't want to work holidays, don't take the job, or put in for vacation at those times.

Liberals’ Zany Logic on Holiday Pay

DG in GA Wrote: Jan 25, 2015 11:32 AM
My stepson went to Stanford and returned a rabid leftist atheist - and he majored in Chemical Engineering, not anything Liberal Arts! He graduated over 10 years ago and we cannot seem to shake the leftism out of his brain.
Moore doesn't have the stones to survive that Hannibel Lector battle. Of course, I'd eat every coconut on the island before I'd even think of firing up the BBQ to cook his fat a**. And I HATE coconut.

Oh Wow: Rubio's Really Running, Huh?

DG in GA Wrote: Jan 23, 2015 10:33 AM
What happens to the leftover loot if they flame out during the primary?

Oh Wow: Rubio's Really Running, Huh?

DG in GA Wrote: Jan 23, 2015 10:33 AM
My thought exactly. He's figuring on a Bush/Rubio or Romney/Rubio pairing. Romney/Rubio might even be able to pull it off.
Thank you for pointing that out. Bush tried fighting Congress on this debacle, but the Dems like Dodd, Frank and Kennedy were too powerful and too entrenched and he was unsuccessful. You can lay the entire mess at the feet of Bill Clinton, Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd. Alan Greenspan was also complicit.