After George W. Bush defeated Al Gore at the ballot box and in a rare show of fortitude for a Republican, didn't stand by haplessly wringing his hands when Gore tried to lawyer his way into the White House, liberals were outraged. Sure, Gore had never been ahead at any point, but OBVIOUSLY voter fraud had cost Democrats the election. Afterwards, Democrats DEMANDED that we do more to insure the integrity of our elections. Republicans agreed and for a while, we finally had an issue where there was genuine bipartisan agreement. Then came the 2004 elections and many of the...
In response to:
So, Jack, does requiring ID before seeing a doctor prevent black people from getting medical care? Comes as a surprise to me considering what we spend on Medicaid. Does requiring ID to buy alcohol prevent anyone over the age of 18 from drinking? When you consider the billions of dollars spent on alcohol every year I doubt it. Did you know the government requires ID to apply for welfare, food stamps, medicaid, etc. Is that preventing black people from getting those services? Why are you such a racist that you automatically assume that only black people are incapable of getting ID? We have voter ID laws in Georgia, and have for years. Doesn't seem to be a hardship for any of the black people here.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 7 hours ago