Most important, though, Americans blame Republicans for the situation. While just 34 percent of Americans blame President Obama for the current fiscal cliff...
The problem did not begin "back in 2011" ..... It existed for certain in early 2010 when Obama put together the Deficit Commission. ... Simpson-Bowless released their report about 2 years ago.. Obama ignored the recommendations. He has never adequately explained why he ignored the Commission. Simpson-Bowles addressed both spending and revenues. It could have been a basis for negotiations among Congressional leaders and the President. Unfortunately, Obama failed to lead regarding the deficit problem. The result of Obama's failures is the Fiscal Cliff and Obama's deficits exceeding $1.0 trillion annually. Republicans are not at all to blame for this disaster.
America is about to plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff -- and Americans are fighting mad about it. According to the latest polls, 77 percent of Americans believe that the fiscal cliff -- a combination of automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the beginning of 2013 -- will hurt them personally. A full 70 percent of Americans want a compromise solution. And 67 percent believe that political leaders will act like "spoiled children."
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 34 mins ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago