As you read through Kevin and Ed Morrissey's write-ups on the president's FY 2014 budget proposal, consider this: Obama's new plan is only a smidgen better than Senate Democrats' risible offering last month. It's a tepid improvement because the new tax hikes "only" amount to $1.1 trillion, rather than $1.5 trillion, and because it includes a handful of modest entitlement reforms -- which, unfortunately, the White...
A serious proposal would have recognized today's problems and formulated immediate solutions for them. In March 2013, the deficit was $106 Billion. Fiscal Year-to-Date (6 months), the deficit was about $600 billion. The average monthly deficit for the past 4 years is about $100 billion. This is an immediate problem. Comparing with the prior 4 years with substantially less deficits, we see it was the spending that increased sharply. So, we don't need a PHD economist or an MBA budget analyst to rapidly determine the real problem is the growth of spending. The Administration's proposal fails to address growth of spending as the number one problem. Accordingly, the proposal says to keep spending more money.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 12 hours ago