In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
Speak for yourself and not "most Americans" . I doubt most people are "pro-death".
- Wendy Davis: Would Greg Abbott, who, by the way, is in an interracial marriage, defend a ban on interracial marriage? Allahpundit 7 mins ago
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 47 mins ago
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The dangers of turning Election Day into Election Month Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The Pentagon is sugarcoating the situation in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Attendees head for the exits as Obama speaks at campaign rally for Maryland Democrat Allahpundit 3 hours ago