In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
Speak for yourself and not "most Americans" . I doubt most people are "pro-death".
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago