In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 11 hours ago