Some economists and legal scholars have suggested that the “platinum coin option” is one way to defuse a crisis if Congress can’t or won’t lift the debt ceiling soon. At least in theory. The U.S. government is, after all, facing a real problem. The Treasury Department will hit its $16.4 trillion borrowing limit by next February at the latest. Unless Congress reaches an agreement to raise that borrowing limit, the government will no longer be able...
In response to:
What is your point?
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 2 hour ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago