It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
I grew up in small town PA. High schoolers drove their pick ups to school with shotguns on the gun racks and no one bothered them. We knew the guns were for hunting, not killing our classmates or others. Of course, that was over 40 years ago so what happened???? Fathers absent from the house, TV and video games are babysitters, use of drugs to control behaviors of young boys ( rather than channeling the energy), and the absence of any type of religious training to know that they are valued by God , who created them.
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 44 minutes ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 12 hours ago