Over the weekend, the NRA announced its endorsement of Republican Tommy Thompson, the GOP candidate in Wisconsin's open U.S. Senate seat. NRA President David Keene was scheduled for several appearances with Thompson in Wisconsin over the three-day weekend.
The NRA endorsement set off a war of words between the two senate candidates, with Thompson's camp sending out a press release highlighting a Fox 11 article that had Democrat Rep. Tammy Baldwin's response to the development: "Tammy is a gun owner herself, supports the 2nd amendment and is proud to have strong support from Wisconsin sportsmen across the state."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 6 hours ago