I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
JustMC: Are you kidding me - America will NEVER RECOVER FROM ANOTHER FOUR YEARS OF OBAMA . . . Are you NUTS? I would prefer having someone WHO LOVES AMERICA AT THE HELM OF AMERICA, NOT SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO END AMERICA AS WE KNOW IT. We are now 10th in the world for economic freedom and God only knows how far down this list Obama would like to see us drop - to maybe 100th place on the list - down around Kenya or Venezuela's status. SO NO, I DON'T WANT TO SEE OBAMA GET ANOTHER FOUR YEARS AND IF YOU DO, YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET . . .
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 52 minutes ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago