As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago