As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago