Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
I'm surprised that Ann doesn't mention the judicial activism under FDR when the court allowed the Federal government to regulate what farmers could grow. Obama is right frot the standpoint of precedent. The supreme court completely ignored the constitution with that ruling. So the current court has two sources of conservatism...the constitution and precedent. Which will they follow?
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Feds soliciting bids for production of four million ID cards for illegal immigrants — per year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Wendy Davis: Would Greg Abbott, who, by the way, is in an interracial marriage, defend a ban on interracial marriage? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 3 hours ago