Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
The only difference between now and when the 2nd Amendment was drafted is that today most people have no fear of God, if they even believe in Him, and our schools are nothing but indoctrination centers for anarchy/socialism. The battle for our cuture and what it was originally intended to be was lost along time ago we are becoming a country of the ruling class and those who will serve them.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago