I'd like to put aside the biology lessons for a moment to focus on the Todd Akin phenomenon in the Republican party who seem to surface every now and then with wacko comments that only confirm opinions on the ignorant left , and further confuse the undecided voters. No true conservative thinker would make comments like Akin did unless he has gone over to the darkside that is liberalism. I believe that like Islamic terrorists these Republican liberals sacrifice common sense and all rational thought for some kind of reward either in heaven or on earth. Like terrorists they wait to be activated at the appropriate time to cause the right amount of distraction.
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 6 hours ago