If we remember back to when schools actually taught such things, the linchpin of the American Constitution is the Bill of Rights. Those were the rights the founding fathers of this great nation felt were necessary to spell out in the...
And the US taxpayer is still BAILING out the VICTIMS 25 years later. Reagan whole-heartedly and cold heartedly believed in the Marxist redistribution of wealth from America's east and west coasts to America's heartland. And now, in the year 2012, with farm subsidy handouts and ethanol mandates peaking at $35 billion a year, are we any closer to a free market in agriculture? Again, why does the vast majority of these farm handouts go to people who are card-carrying members of the Republican Party?
Let me commit political heresy in this presidential election year: It’s not the economy, stupid! Our first freedoms—those freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment—are being recklessly discarded by the ruling class in favor of government ideology. It seems that America’s citizenry has become so numb to outrageous political acts that even trampling our constitutional rights barely raises an eyebrow.
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago