But modern, free market conservatives have built on Hayek's recognition that social safety nets are not inconsistent with free markets, and just...
In response to:
As an American Christian, I remember finding much comfort in reading the books of Billy Graham. What a wonderful man of God-truly. How disappointing to see his son, Franklin Graham, adopt racial attitudes that his father fought so hard against. He approaches Christianity as if it were a white religion and that white standards determine its validity. He asserts himself as one who can validate whether or not a person is a Christian. And most of all, he forgets where Christianity was born-in the Middle East-not in the Church of England, not in America, but in the Middle East. What he also seems to fail to see is that it is not enough to think you know Christ-It is Christ who must know you.
As in so much else, Progressives hold an outdated conception of the debate over entitlements. They conceive it as the Left supporting generous entitlements for seniors and the poor with no questions asked, no obligations expected, versus the right supporting no safety net at all, let private charity handle it, and if some of the poor have to starve, and some of the sick suffer or die without health care, because private charity is inadequate, so be it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago