Sometimes I myopically focus on fiscal policy, implying that the key to prosperity is small government.
But I’ll freely admit that growth if maximized when you have small government AND free markets.
That being said, our goal should be to expand freedom, not merely to have the largest possible GDP.
Which is why the Freedom Index is a good complement to
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 9 mins ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 49 mins ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago