Sometimes I myopically focus on fiscal policy, implying that the key to prosperity is small government.
But I’ll freely admit that growth if maximized when you have small government AND free markets.
That being said, our goal should be to expand freedom, not merely to have the largest possible GDP.
Which is why the Freedom Index is a good complement to
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 4 hours ago