It is nice that you have saved some of your own money for retirement, but as they say, "You didn't earn that." Nancy Pelosi has already mooted that we need some kind of a wealth tax (see France). I am really afraid that as the politicians get desperate, they will see that money sitting in the 401k plans and IRAs and tell us, "The tax deferment is over, we want it now!" Politicians are not entirely stupid, they will do what is necessary to win the next election. The populace has become accustomed to "free" stuff. They will riot if they think that will be taken away from them (see Greece). Good Luck with that!
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago