It is nice that you have saved some of your own money for retirement, but as they say, "You didn't earn that." Nancy Pelosi has already mooted that we need some kind of a wealth tax (see France). I am really afraid that as the politicians get desperate, they will see that money sitting in the 401k plans and IRAs and tell us, "The tax deferment is over, we want it now!" Politicians are not entirely stupid, they will do what is necessary to win the next election. The populace has become accustomed to "free" stuff. They will riot if they think that will be taken away from them (see Greece). Good Luck with that!
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago