I have also maintained that his willingness to abandon, or not to accept, first principles has made these questions reasonable: If Romney is elected president, which Romney will show up for...
The numbers are actually much worse than 47%. According to government figures given last week, only 63% of the people eligible to work actually work. The rest have either "given up looking" or are "stay at home moms" or "can't be bothered" or "perfectly happy on social programs" like Aunt Zeituni and Uncle Onyango. Of those that actually WORK, 47% pay no taxes. That just leaves 29.6% of the eligible workforce to redistribute their wealth to the rest.
As readers of this column and viewers of Fox News Channel may know, I have not hesitated to criticize Gov. Mitt Romney's presidential campaign and the governor himself. I have argued that his message is muddled and his values are unknown beyond his ardent wish to improve economic conditions through the use of free market mechanisms rather than central economic planning, a position with which I agree entirely.
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 16 hours ago