I have also maintained that his willingness to abandon, or not to accept, first principles has made these questions reasonable: If Romney is elected president, which Romney will show up for...
The numbers are actually much worse than 47%. According to government figures given last week, only 63% of the people eligible to work actually work. The rest have either "given up looking" or are "stay at home moms" or "can't be bothered" or "perfectly happy on social programs" like Aunt Zeituni and Uncle Onyango. Of those that actually WORK, 47% pay no taxes. That just leaves 29.6% of the eligible workforce to redistribute their wealth to the rest.
As readers of this column and viewers of Fox News Channel may know, I have not hesitated to criticize Gov. Mitt Romney's presidential campaign and the governor himself. I have argued that his message is muddled and his values are unknown beyond his ardent wish to improve economic conditions through the use of free market mechanisms rather than central economic planning, a position with which I agree entirely.
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 54 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 15 hours ago