The Obama administration has taken exploiting children to a new low. On Thursday, the White House posted four YouTube videos of children reading letters to the president about finding a solution to the gun violence problem (the same kids sitting behind him on Wednesday). In Hinna’s video, for example, she says, “Can we stop using guns? I think if there are no guns on the street no one could get hurt. Bullets don’t have eyes, it can hurt anyone. I’m really scared of guns and criminals around the world. I love my country and I want everyone to be happy...
In response to:
There is one very useful thing about the big lie campaigns and irrational appeals to emotion used to sell gun control: they make it easy for fools who will buy even the most outlandish lie to be identified. This litmus test can be very useful in a variety of ways. For example, say you have some swampland you'd like to sell, but haven't been able to find a buyer. So what you do is casually start conversations with potential buyers and bring up gun control; those who are opposed to gun control will be a waste of your time. But those who think (or I should say feel) that gun control is good might be interested in some pristine Louisiana wetlands.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago