Last night on the O'Reilly Factor, former Secretary of State Colin Powell again accused the Republican party of racism, saying calling President Obama lazy is code language despite Obama referring to himself as lazy. Powell's comments come two weeks after he said the GOP had a "dark vein of intolerance" on NBC's Meet the Press.
O'Reilly brought up the worsening unemployment/income stats for black Americans because of Powell's "dark vein" comments to posit the question of why the black vote was so overwhelmingly for Obama the second time around when his first four years did nothing to better life for those constituents. Powell knew that, of course, but disingenously played the race card yet again. When the questions get hard, when the truth peeks out, shut it down with a cry of "racist" - discussion over.
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago