Last night on the O'Reilly Factor, former Secretary of State Colin Powell again accused the Republican party of racism, saying calling President Obama lazy is code language despite Obama referring to himself as lazy. Powell's comments come two weeks after he said the GOP had a "dark vein of intolerance" on NBC's Meet the Press.
O'Reilly brought up the worsening unemployment/income stats for black Americans because of Powell's "dark vein" comments to posit the question of why the black vote was so overwhelmingly for Obama the second time around when his first four years did nothing to better life for those constituents. Powell knew that, of course, but disingenously played the race card yet again. When the questions get hard, when the truth peeks out, shut it down with a cry of "racist" - discussion over.
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago