Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
There are a couple points to consider of the second amendment to support the argument that the ordinary John and Mary can carry a gun. Back in colonial times America was basically an agricultural society. There were no Frys-Kroger or Save-Ways to buy food or large cattle yards. If you wanted some meat for dinner you had to go out and shoot it. Also some of the Americans lived in or were near Indian territory and felt threaten by them. I am sure the Indians felt the way. No doubt the Founding Fathers knew all this and more and is why they wrote the Second Amendment the way they did. Ideally, it would be better if there were no guns around anywhere then the bad guys couldn't get them, but we don't live in an ideal society.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago