"Parents and guardians frantically sought last-minute child care, pleaded with their bosses for leniency, and hoped that their kids would return to school sooner rather than later," reported the Chicago...
Isn't this a similar situation to President Regan and the air traffic controlers. Maybe the same solution is required. Fire ALL the striking teachers, The ones who do not want the union can then be re-hired, new teachers ( unemployed recent graduates ) retired professionals, who want to make a difference in young peoples lives. Teach the students who WANT TO LEARN, babysit the rest
The true long-term impact of the Chicago teachers strike may be not be known for some time. But there is no mystery about its impact in the immediate term -- anxiety, panic, and disruption for myriad mothers and fathers left in the lurch when 30,000 members of the Chicago Teachers Union walked away from their classrooms last week just as a new school year was getting underway.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago