Russia: Update. A Russian general went on TV to prove that he was not dead in Syria, as the Syrian opposition claimed. The problem is that the spelling of the general's name did not match the spelling of the general the Syrian opposition claim to have killed.
Part of the problem is the transliteration between Arabic and Cyrillic. The guy who claimed he was not dead admitted that he had been in Syria and served as an advisor to the al Asad Defense Ministry.
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 43 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago