Every Idea Is an Incitement

Missouri Confederate Wrote: Jan 08, 2013 12:58 PM
Too bad you were kidding about running for POTUS. You would have my vote.

Gun Rights Find a New Home

Missouri Confederate Wrote: Dec 13, 2012 12:51 PM
I would not hold someone having a past felony conviction from owning a firearm. That is the 1968 Gun Control Act that did it. Most of the mass shootings as of late have been done by someone without a prior conviction. If someone has a past conviction and all time has been served including parole the debt is paid. If they cannot be trusted to have a firearm they should not be trusted to be out of jail.

An Overdue Book

Missouri Confederate Wrote: Nov 28, 2012 3:04 PM
It would have been nice if Dr. Sowell was the republican candidate running against Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The outcome would likely be different.

About That Fiscal Cliff

Missouri Confederate Wrote: Nov 21, 2012 3:27 PM
Scrap Iron in Texas Wrote: 8 hours ago (6:53 AM) I am inclined to agree with you.

President's Power of Pardon

Missouri Confederate Wrote: Nov 05, 2012 6:20 PM
Milton Friedman, an American economist and recipient of a Nobel prize said: I'm in favor of legalizing drugs. According to my values system, if people want to kill themselves, they have every right to do so. Most of the harm that comes from drugs is because they are illegal. Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/milton_friedman.html#iCZdF2EtsbisYqlY.99 I have to agree with him. If drugs were legal they could be taxed like alcohol and tobacco. The price would be much lower so people wouldn't steal to buy them. Just because they are available does not mean everyone would be a drug addict. This would have to be with the stipulation that overdosing would be paid out of your own pocket or no treatment.
Good point Paulus Textor. Of course family values and morality was much better then so there probably would be more abusers now. Still I think it is wrong to lock someone up for having a plant or parts of it. When I was in college I knew several people who would occasionally use marijuana. But there were two guys I would call abusers. They were high much of the time.

The New World Disorder

Missouri Confederate Wrote: Aug 21, 2012 3:51 PM
IMO the Soviet's lost in Afghanistan due to our supplying the opposition but mostly because Gorbachev did not have the tenacity to win at all cost as did Stalin or Kruschev. They would have laid waste to the whole country as happened to Germany in WWII. Fortunately for the Afghan people that did not happen. Unfortunately for them the Taliban came to power which was more repressive than the Soviets.
Let me first say I am a conservative and believe the death penalty should be mandatory for first degree murder. That said I believe it wrong that someone convicted of a felony once they have served their time including parole should not be allowed to vote. If they are holding jobs and paying taxes then not allowing them to vote almost equates to taxation without representation. We revolted against the British because of this. With all the laws the government passes and categorizing them as a felony, you don't have to step too far out of line to become a felon.
The Constitution forbids "cruel and unusual" punishment not 'cruel or unusual'. Both criteria must be met to exclude it. Although some people would consider hanging within a year of pronouncement of sentence cruel it is not unusual based on our country's history.
The 1968 Gun Control Act forbids convicted felons from ever again owning a firearm. I have a friend at church, who has since straightened his life out, that went to prison for getting three DWIs which becomes a felony after your 3rd one. Why shouldn't he be allowed to protect himself. Tim Allen, the star of Home Improvement, is a convicted felon for something stupid he did in college. I would not worry about him having a gun. If someone is of age and of sound mind and cannot be trusted to own a firearm should they even be running free.

A Racial Revolution?

Missouri Confederate Wrote: May 21, 2012 12:33 PM
Abraham Lincoln said 'America will never be destroyed from the outside, if we falter and lose our freedom it will be because we destroyed ourselves'.