Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
I am not marijuana user or user of any illegal drug but I agree with Milton Friedman. Paraphrasing him 'more harm comes from the war on drugs than drugs themselves'. The millons of $ that are spent on the war, the lives that are ruined by being put in prison and in many cases for a disproportionately long time compared to violent crimes then having a record for the rest of your life. If people commit a crime while on drugs then it is their fault not the drugs. If someone is in their own home smoking pot and not going to drive it is not my business or the governments.
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 23 mins ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 3 hours ago