In the 1967 comedy "A Guide for the Married Man," Joey Bishop's wife catches him in bed with another woman. As his wife stands at the bedroom door screaming at the sight, Bishop and the mistress calmly get up, make the bed and get dressed. The mistress leaves. Bishop nonchalantly sits down in the living room, lights up a pipe, picks up the newspaper and casually leafs through it. "What bed? What girl?" Bishop says. The wife begins to doubt her own eyes, even her sanity. Finally, she turns to Bishop and meekly asks what he wants for dinner. The culprit...
"Obama sided with the indignant black Harvard professor instead of the white cop who was properly responding to a call about possible burglary. "The Cambridge police," Obama said, "acted stupidly." An undeniable fact is that the Cambridge police would definitely have been less agressive in the handling of the professor if he had not been an African American. The problem was not that he was asked to identify himself but after such, he suffered the indignity of being treated as a common burglar in his own home.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 9 hours ago