This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
Society is bi-sexist. It tends to be suspicious of women who are perceived as ambitious and fewer women are at the top. But it tends to be far more forgiving of women who fail than men. This is why men end up homeless so much more often than women. It is also why Andrea Yates received an outpouring of sympathy while John List was universally condemned.
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago