This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
Society is bi-sexist. It tends to be suspicious of women who are perceived as ambitious and fewer women are at the top. But it tends to be far more forgiving of women who fail than men. This is why men end up homeless so much more often than women. It is also why Andrea Yates received an outpouring of sympathy while John List was universally condemned.
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 34 minutes ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago